Terms of Service
The term 'Student Room Flat', 'SRF' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Student Room Flat, Jana Masaryka 43, Vinohrady, 120 00 Prague 2, Czech Republic. Our company registration number is CZ27591123.
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The term “Provider” refers to the Owner of the room into the Flatshare booked.
Acceptance of Terms of Service
1. By registering to use the Services and/or the Website on the Website and/or by requesting Student Room Flat to create listings of Accommodation for you, you accept and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service the entire use of the platform student-room-flat.com.
2. Student Room Flat may at any time modify or amend these Terms of Service effective for the immediate future. Student Room Flat is not obliged to give users prior notice of any amendment taking effect. It is the responsibility of the User to remain up-to-date with these Terms.
Student Room Flat rights
1. By using the website and making use of our services, you hereby grant Student Room Flat the following rights:
- The right to refuse access to the Student Room Flat platform without prior notice
- The right to suspend amend or disable your profile and/or account for any reason without prior notice
- The right to update the website, fees and billing methods without prior notice
- The right to update these Terms of Service at any time
- The right to report you to the relevant local authority should SRF, at its sole discretion, believe that your conduct is unlawful
- The right to refuse any booking request without any reason, at Student Room Flat or landlord's discretion
- The right to use and resell your datas (what we spoke about last Friday Rudolf)?
2. We are entitled at any time to discontinue the website and services without being liable either to compensate or to indemnity for damages. Should such circumstances arise we will notify you within reasonable time.
What is the Website?
1. The Website is an electronic platform enabling Users to browse, search and book a room at the locations and enables Providers to advertise it to Users. Bookings can be made for short or long terms ranging from 28 days upwards.
2. Student Room Flat provides booking services to Users and Providers. Any Lease Agreement shall be entered into between the User and the Provider directly.
Booking Service Process
1. Users are able to submit a Booking Request for a Flatshare room through the Website. The User must select the dates and the room that he wishes to book and sends a booking request.
If the selected room is available, the User receives a notification via email and he cam proceed to the booking online and pay the booking fees.
After payment of booking fees and deposit by the User, the booking is confirmed.
The User receives a confirmation by email confirming the booking and Student Room Flat put the User and the Provider in contact.
2. In case of late booking, ie. less than 15 days before the lease start date, the lease is confirmed when Student Room Flathas received the payment of the booking fees, deposit and first rent, and the User has also received a confirmation by email confirming the booking. The rental agreement is then conclude between the User and the Provider; and lease contract is signed at the arrival of the User.
3. Booking fees are a commission for Student Room Flat. Booking fees are never refundable.
4. Booking fees are calculated according the length of the stay of the User as following:
- 0-2 months : 20% of total rent + VAT
- 2-6 months : 15% of total rent + VAT
- 6-9 months : 10% of total rent + VAT
- 9-12 months : 9% of total rent + VAT
Actual VAT in Czech Republic for related services is 21%
The dates of the Lease will be used as dates of beginning and end of the lease and for booking fees calculation. Rent and booking fees should be paid accordingly, even if the User decides to check in later or check out earlier in his accommodation.
1st rental payment
The User should pay the first rent at least two weeks before the lease start date.
In case of late booking, ie. less than 15 days before the lease start date, the first rent shall be paid at the booking along with booking fees and deposit.
In case first rent is paid late or is not paid, Student Room Flat reserves the right to cancel the User booking and the lease. Sums (booking fees and/or deposit) which were already paid by the lessee to Student Room Flat will be retained as penalty. Thus, the reservation may be cancelled and sums paid by the Lessee, retained by Student Room Flat. And Student Room Flat can look for a new tenant for the accommodation
The payment of all other rents (besides the first rent) has to be done monthly, by the last day of the previous month via our website, when it is requested by the Landlord. If it is the case, you will be notified by email and on your Lease contract at your arrival.
The rent paid on the Website includes the rent and the utilities (wifi, internet, gas and water).
Default of payment:
In any case of default of payment, the Provider can give a penalty to the User according to the Czech law in the amount of 0.1% of the due amount for every day of the delay beginning the first day after the Rent or other payments are due and ends the day when the Rent or any other payment have been paid together with the late penalty payment resulting from the delay.
Refundable guarantee deposit
At the booking, The User pays a refundableguarantee deposit. The deposit amount is one month rent including utilities and cleaning fees.
The Deposit is collected by Student Room Flat on the Website on the name of the Provider and will be entirely sent to the Provider at the User arrival in his room.
The use of the Deposit and its refund at the end of the Lease is the Provider responsibility.
The User has the obligation before the check out to fill in its complete international bank details in his Customer space on Student Room Flat website so the Deposit can be sent back by the Provider.
Methods of Payment
Payment for the booking fees and deposit shall be made exclusively by bank card (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro) via Paypal in Czech crowns through our system on Student Room Flat website.
Student Room Flat is not responsible for the payments from countries not covered by Paypal.
Payment of rents can be paid by bank transfert or on Student Room Flat website according to agreement with landlords.
Payment costs are at the User charge. Cost of the debit card/Paypal payment is 3% of the amount paid on the website.
State of the flat and noise disturbance
Student Room Flat cannot be held responsible for differences in the room or apartment the booked by the User via its website. The room and the apartment does not have to be exactly the same as advertised on the pictures or description of the website. Main features of the apartment and the room should remain the same, but some differences/modifications in the apartment and the room will be acceptable.
Those differences and modification cannot be a reason for cancellation of the User before or after its arrival at the apartment.
Student Room Flat or the Provider cannot be held responsible for any noise pollution or other disturbances coming from any works going on in other apartments in the same or nearby building.
Neither can Student Room Flat or the Providerbe held responsible for any noise or other disturbances coming from any public work.
Student Room Flat or the Lessor cannot be held responsible for any occasional noise pollution coming from an adjacent apartment.
Arrivals and Departures policies
Once the booking is confirmed by Student Room Flat, the User shall receive a booking confirmation email with the Provider’s contact in order to organize the arrival.
It is the responsibility of the User to provide information regarding its arrival date and time in the customer space in order to facilitate an easy and successful move in. The User should agree with the Provider at least seven days before the lease start date, otherwise the Provider will not be able to guarantee availability at the day and time requested by the User.
The Lessee has to contact the Provider by email in order to agree on the day and time for the arrival.
It is the responsibility of the User to provide information regarding its departure date and time in the customer space in order to facilitate an easy and successful move out. The User should agree with the Provider at least tow weeks before the lease ending date, otherwise the Provider will not be able to guarantee availability at the day and time requested by the User.
The Lessee has to contact the Provider by email in order to agree on the day and time for the departure.
Arrivals and Departures are not managed by Student Room Flat Team, but by the Provider or its representative. Hence Student Room Flat cannot be held responsible for any problem occurring during Arrivals and Departures.
1.In the event of cancellation of a booking, the Lessee is not freed from obligations towards Student Room Flat and his Lessor. In this respect, the following rules of cancellation apply:
- If cancellation occurs more than one month before the lease beginning date, booking fees will be kept by Student Room flat. Deposit will be refund to Lessee.
- If cancellation occurs between 15 days and one month before the lease beginning date, booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat and deposit will be kept by the Lessor.
- If cancellation occurs less than 15 days before the lease start date, booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat, deposit and first rent will be kept by the Lessor.
- If Lessee doesn't inform the Lessor of his arrival date and time via his customer space or via email at the latest by the day the Lease should begin, his booking is considered as cancelled. Booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat, and deposit and first rent will be kept by the Lessor.
- If the Lessee doesn't pay his first rent at least two weeks before his lease date starts, his booking is considered as cancelled. Booking fees will be kept by Student Room Flat, and deposit and first rent will be kept by the Lessor.
Sums that are not refunded, as appropriate, will be retained by their Lessor as penalty and in order to compensate for loss resulting from cancellation of the reservation.
2. Cancellation can be done via email by the Lessee to Student Room Flat.
3. In the improbable event that Student Room Flat were to cancel the Lessee booking for reasons beyond its control or because of an event of force majeure, sums paid will be refunded in full to the Lessee. If you wish we can do all that is necessary to provide as best we can an alternative accommodation in another apartment of an equivalent category. In the event of refusal of the alternative accommodation offered by Student Room Flat, the latter will not be liable to pay any compensation to the Lessee.
4. Student Room Flat reserves the right to cancel the booking and follow the rules mentioned above concerning cancellation for the following reasons :
- First rent was not paid by the Lessee at least two weeks before before the beginning of the lease.
- The Lessee did not inform the Lessor of their check-in date and time through their customer space or by email by the day his Lease should begin.
5. The Lessee has the obligation to respect the entire period of his lease contractexcept for the reason mentioned below:
The Subject of the Lease and the Property become unfit for dwelling through no fault of the Lessee, although this unfitness continues or is recurrent even after the written notification from the Lessee of more than another two (2) weeks after the notification has been delivered to the Lessor by letter, email or personally.
6. In case the Lessee decides to terminate the Lease period before the end of the Lease mentioned in his contract, Deposit will be kept by the Lessor as penalty and at the same time the Lessee shall be held responsible for all outstanding Rent payments.
Equipment of Flatshares
Properties are fully equipped and well located in Prague.
Towels and bedsheets are not provided by landlords.
Everything linked to repairs is to see directly with the Provider. Student Room Flat is not responsible for the management of the properties.
All claims made by the User related to your fProperty and associated services shall be made in writing via email to the Provider with Student Room flat (firstname.lastname@example.org) in copy at the latest 24 hours after entry onto the premises..
For any claim during the lease period, the User should contact the Provider directly.
Providers request Users to arrange an insurance at its own costs for the rented Property, including third party liability insurance.
Student Room Flat will provide the contact of an insurance company to the User.
Your use of the website
- The continued usage of the website and services of student-room-flat.com by Users is always deemed as a form of implied consent and agreement to the most recent and updated version of these Terms od Service.
- If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. Student Room Flat may require you to provide evidence of your power of representation.
- The website and services offered by Student Room Flat are intended solely for persons who are above the legal age of majority in their country of residence, i.e. 18 years in most European countries, or under supervision of such person. Any access to or use by anyone under the legal age of majority is prohibited. By accessing or using our platform you hereby represent and warrant that you are at least the legal age of majority or older in your country of residence.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Czech Republic.
- You are not allowed to use the website and services in a way that results in damage or harm to Student Room Flat and/or third parties.
- You are not allowed unauthorized access to the website with account credentials of another person i.e. by using forged credentials or by circumventing any technical security measures, regardless whether these measures are actually adequate or not.
- You are not entitled to distribute viruses or other software on the website and services which may result in harm to Student Room Flat.
- You are not entitled to use the website to send unsolicited messages.
- You will administer the credentials to use the website in good faith. Therefore it is not permissible to disclose credentials to any other party. If you suspect that your credentials are in the possession of a third party you undertake to notify Student Room Flat immediately.
- You are not allowed to act in noncompliance with any law or regulation, or to infringe any intellectual property rights.